Monday, September 1, 2014

CHRISTMAS LIES: Santa vs. Jesus



Most of us grew up believing that there was this guy named santa who comes down the chimney once a year to leave us all presents. BUT only if you are good. Bad kids get coal and Santa keeps a list and knows who has been naughty or nice. I myself was never told this lie. I was told another lie about another Christmas myth...

The story of a magic man who lived over 2000 years ago. He did amazing things like walk on water and rise from the dead. Turns out he was the son of God. This magic man was crucified by the Romans and supposedly died for my sins. Then rose from the dead.

Fantasy is fantasy and lies are lies.It could be telling kids that a man in a big red suit will travel all over the world and deliver billions of presents in one night or telling people that a 2000 year old magic man died for my sins and when I die will decide if I was naughty or nice and if I will spend eternity in torture or peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment